Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Harkers



Sunday April 25, 20210 - Attended church and had dinner with Martin and Shauna Harker. These are friends from the area of our first house, located in West Jordan. What a nice time remembering fun events about our kids. They were good friends and neighbors, and it's good to still be in contact with them. He is now the Bishop of the ward. I have to tell a story on myself of when we lived there. Mother's day was approaching, and as Jack was going to be out of town, he had arranged with Shauna to receive the RC Willy delivery of a new dryer for me. Well, the delivery man went to my house first, and because I had a dryer, old as it was, but working, I sent it back to the store. Don't ever refuse a gift from your husband. The next week, my dryer broke and I dried the clothes on the back lawn for the entire summer. We moved that fall, and Jack did buy me another dryer, but I wi9ll never forget how sad he was that I sent his gift back.

1 comment:

ash2277 said...

So funny. Good to see the Harkers. We definitely had some good times and good memories living there!