Friday, April 23, 2010

Manti Visit 4.16 - 20, 2010

Friday, April 16 – April 20, 2010 Manti, Utah We visited Bernice’s Cousin Paul & Janice Timothy and family. This is one of the small pioneer towns where my family, Luis and Olena Larsen settled in the early years, and the house where my great grandparents lived and is still standing. There was even a deer standing in the front yard. I remember my Mother and Father taking me there and Mother telling me stories of her memories visiting her grandparents. She remembered helping thoroughly clean the house every Saturday. Special attention was paid to the parlor, mostly used only for funerals. The outhouse and the walk to get to it, was whitewashed and scrubbed till it was white as snow. She told of


a large chandelier being lowered over the dining table at the beginning of each meal by her grandfather. They also helped in building the beautiful Manti Temple. We loved taking walks in the country.

No comments: